Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 2 Continued...I Guess

So I'm not sure if this site sucks or if its just hard to do on an iPad but it keeps screwing up on me. I wasnt done the last post but I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I just published it anyway.

So I left off with leaving the club last night. My sleep last night was good, mostly cuz I had a few drinks so I didn't care about the noise lol. Then this morning, I had a talk with my roomates and we finally figured out a cleaning schedule. One of us is not very happy about it but that's life so anyway hopefully this place will be cleaner come tomorrow night. I did half of my job, the bathroom. The other half, the shower room, will be tomorrows task. Today I also accomplished the task of putting my clothes away. Up until now I've been living out of a suitcase. Actually where that started was the fact that I did laundry yesterday and the dryer was taking forever so I got fed up and have had clothes hanging around my room for the last 24 hours. So when I put those away I decided to keep going and do the rest. Then from there I figured I should make my bed. And then I thought well now I should tidy the table and shelf. Well needless to say, my room is now clean. I also spent time finishing up my THIRD assignment of 12 left in my schooling career. Took me an hour yesterday while the laundry was going and a couple hours today and it's now done and submitted. And I even made spaghetti and meat sauce for supper! Only the second meal I've actually cooked in the two weeks I've been here, and I actually ate a decent amount. Thank god for appetites!

Unfortunately, although all sounds well on that front, I was looking forward to going out tonight but with the rain the person I was going with doesn't want to go. Speaking of the rain, it's shitty here!  You think it sucks at home. At least it poors at home and then the sun comes out. Here, it's been rainy and gloomy all day. Yuck!  I understand sundowners syndrome now!

What else can I say about this week? Well, I found out you can't get corndogs in Germany. A girl I met last night from Germany spent time in the states a few years ago and fell in love with corndogs, and she FREAKED right out when she found them here, cuz she hasn't had them since she left the US. So the was interesting.

Oh and I thought of another fun fact that I forgot to mention last week. Bleach is apparently nonexistent here. I mean I know we suck at this language and can't read the bottles, but we even asked our friends for here and the cashier at the store and no one even knows what bleach is. They know it's for whitening. You can get bleach for your hair and for your teeth. Just not to clean with. Hmmm.

I can't think of anything else to say about Finland right now. Basically what I know so far is Finnish people like to drink and don't eat a lot. That pretty much sums it all up! LOL. Oh, and the weather sucks. First thing everyone asks when they find out I'm not from here is "what do you think of the weather??".

Well, I'm too lazy to add pictures to two different places so I'm sticking with Facebook, assuming I can get it to work. Most of the things I've mentioned so far have pictures to go along so keep an eye out. Until next time,  moi moi! (That's how we say good-bye here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment